How it Works
Hello and Welcome to ParentTaughtDrivingCourse.com!
Parents, we know your teen is eager & excited to get their Driver’s License and take to the open road…and we’re certainly thrilled to help them get there.
Here’s some information about our course and a few simple steps and requirements you’ll need to complete, before your teen is able to get behind-the-wheel.
Our parent taught driving course is Online, Affordable, Convenient, and State-Approved for Every City & County in Texas.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) requires all Texas-Teens, ages 14-17, to enroll and successfully complete a state-approved driver education course like ours, in order to test and apply for a Texas Driver’s License.
Our course is specifically designed for Texas-teens, ages 14-17. And includes the instruction modules for both the Classroom & Driving requirements, as well as the Official Permit Test and in-course prompts to make the entire process easy…we’ll guide you every step of the way.
- The 32 Hours of Classroom Instruction, (Modules 1-12), are 100% Online and can be completed as quickly as 16 days from the date of enrollment into our course.
- The 14 Hours of Behind-the-Wheel Instruction can be completed in as little as 7 days from the issue date of the Texas Learner License (Permit) from DPS.
- We allow course access for one (1) year, from the date of purchase, to complete Modules 1-12 and the 14 Hour Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Log.
Let’s Get Started!
How do I get Started?
- Register for our Course
- Complete the: Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request
- Set up Your Student Profile
- Complete Module 1 (6 Classroom Hours)
- Take your DPS Permit Test directly through our Website: (Included FREE of Charge)
- Instantly Download your DE964 (PERMIT) Certificate: (Included FREE of Charge)
- Apply for your Learner License (Permit) at DPS
- Buckle Up & Proceed with Caution!
Before beginning, you MUST first complete the Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request and purchase the Parent Taught Driver Education (PTDE) Program Guide from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR). TDLR will charge a separate fee for the PTDE Program Guide that is not included in our course fee.
Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request: