Current Texas rules specify that a student who meets the following requirements is eligible to take a Parent Taught Driver Education Course (PTDE).
· The student must be ages 14 – 17.
· The student must be a current Texas Resident.
· The student must be currently enrolled in school; or
· Enrolled in a program to help them to pass the high school equivalency exam (GED)
· The student may also present a high school diploma or its equivalent.
We recommend that you check directly with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR) for more details.
Per state rules, if a student is 14 years old at the time of registration, they are auto-enrolled into the “Block” method of instruction.
If the student is 15 – 17 years of age, at the time of registration, they are auto-enrolled into the “Concurrent” method of instruction.